The New Year’s Honours List (Wikipedia definition) was published this morning. I started listing all the awards to do with charitable works then realised it would take me all morning – which in itself was a heartening discovery.
Here are the most obvious ones (the entire list, with many more, is here). Does anyone know which are definitely deserved… or not?
- George Gordon EDINGTON – Chair, N.C.H. For services to Children.
- Brigid, Lady CROFTON – Lately Trustee and Vice-Chair, UNICEF UK. For services to Children and Families Overseas.
- The Reverend Canon Patricia Anne ATKINSON – For services to Street Children in South
- Mary Elizabeth, Mrs MARSH – Director and Chief Executive, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. For services to Families and Children
- Ms Nina Lizette BAROUGH – Founder and Chief Executive, Walk the Walk Worldwide (Breast Cancer Charity). For services to Healthcare.
- Michael David William GOOLEY – Chair, Trailfinders Travel Agency. For services to the Travel Industry and to Charity.
- Robert Lawrence BANNER – Chair, Rethink Charity. For services to Mental Health.
- Jennifer Susan, Mrs BYERS – Lately Executive Director, Donor Services, Charities Aid Foundation. For services to Charity.
- Garth Michael GUTHRIE – For services to Charity.
- Dr David Gerald HESSAYON – For services to Gardening and to Charity.
- Joseph LISTON – Chief Executive, Jersey Electricity Company. For services to the Electrical Industry and to Charity.
- Alan David BLAIR – Chief Executive, Wessex Heartbeat Charity. For charitable services in Hampshire.
- Irene Helen, Mrs CALLAGHAN – For services to Nursing and to Charity in Angus.
- Paul John FLETCHER – For services to Sport and to Charity.
- Ms June Kunadu SARPONG – For services to Broadcasting and to Charity.
- Leslie VINCE – For services to the Marfan Trust Charity.
- Patricia Eleanor, Mrs WALLS – Chair, Cats Protection Charity. For services to Animal Welfare.
- William Hugh YATES – Lately Deputy Chair, Suzy Lamplugh Trust. For services to Charity.